Miracles of Jesus
Kids at home 8th November
Over the next few weeks we are going to be learning more about Jesus and talking about some of the amazing miracles that He did!
Jesus performed many miracles while He was on the earth to help people know that He was the Son of God and to help them to put their faith and trust in Him. Through every miracle, people came to know Jesus and became friends with Him! Jesus also performed miracles because He loved people and wanted to help those who were sick or in need. Today we are going to look at when Jesus turned water into wine at a wedding! How incredible is that?!
Let’s start with some worship! Feel free to sing and dance or just watch and listen, Jesus doesn’t mind HOW we worship, he just loves it when we spend time with him and sing his praises!
You are Good – Bethel Kids
Alive – Hillsong Young & Free
This is Amazing Grace – Bethel Kids
Jesus Turns Water into Wine – Saddleback Kids
Note to families:
Jesus turns water into wine (John 2:1-11) if you prefer to read this to/with your little ones!
Some things to talk to your family about…
- Have you ever been to a wedding or a birthday party with lots of people? What do you think it would have been like if the drink or the food had run out?
- Why do you think Mary told Jesus about the situation? What did she think He could do?
- How do you think the servants felt when they realised that the water Jesus had asked them to ﬁll the jars with had turned into wine?
- Why do you think Jesus’ miracles help you believe in Him?
- Can you think of any other of Jesus’ miracles?
- Has Jesus ever done a miracle in your life? What happened?
Some important points to remember…
- This amazing miracle helped to show people that Jesus was the Son of God!
- This also shows us how much Jesus cares, He cared about the guests and wanted to provide for them, He didn’t want them to be thirsty and He wanted everyone to have fun and enjoy themselves at the wedding!
- It’s the same with you and me, Jesus really cares about us and He loves to provide for us and give us what we need! He also loves it when we have fun!
- This also reminds us that God can make something happen that might seem impossible to us, He can turn something ordinary into something extraordinary. We just have to keep trusting Him and putting our faith in Him and knowing that He is there for us and He really really cares about us!
“With man this is impossible, but with God all things are possible.” Matthew 19:26
Write the Bible verse on a sheet of paper. Cut the words apart. Place them in order on a table/surface. Ask your child to say (or read) the verse out loud and then remove one word. Ask them to say the verse again, seeing if they can remember the missing word. Then, take away another word. Repeat, until all of the words are gone and they are saying the verse from memory.
Why don’t we thank Jesus for caring for us so wonderfully and for always being with us? Why don’t we ask Him to help us to keep putting our faith in Him and remind us to always pray and ask Him for the things that we need? Remember, we can pray big prayers because all things are possible with God! What do you or your family need right now? Why don’t you ask Him for it?
Thank you that with you anything is possible and that we can still experience miracles today in our lives because of you! Thank you for blessing us with your goodness and for always caring about us and providing for us. Help us to remember to keep turning to you and believing in you and what you can do, help us to come to you and ask you for the things that we need and help us to trust you for them!
This week, please could you help me with (insert prayer request here)