Fruit of the Spirit: Love
Kids at home 6th September
The Bible talks about fruit but it’s a different kind of fruit to apples and bananas! It's called the Fruit of the Spirit.
The fruit of the spirit is love, joy, peace, patience, kindness, goodness, faithfulness, gentleness and self control and the Holy Spirit wants to give each of them to us and grow them in our lives to help us become more like Jesus. When we look at the life of Jesus, we can see that He shows all of these characteristics perfectly! Today we are going to look at love and how much Jesus loves us and teaches us to love others!
Let’s start with some worship! Feel free to sing and dance or just watch and listen, Jesus doesn’t mind HOW we worship, he just loves it when we spend time with him and sing his praises!
Great Big God – Vineyard Kids
Alive – Hillsong Young & Free
You are Good – Bethel Kids
Fruit of the Spirit – Starskills
The Lost Sheep – Saddleback Kids
Note to families:
The parable of the lost sheep (Luke 15) if you prefer to read this to your little ones!
Some important points to remember from the story…
- Jesus reminds us in this story that every one of us is so precious to Him! He loves us so much and will never give up on us, no matter what!
- He leaves the ninety-nine sheep that are safe to go to find just that one sheep that was lost!
- Sometimes we can be a bit like that lost sheep and be far away from God but remember, He is our Good Shepherd and He will keep searching for us and calling us back into his arms until he finds us!
- That’s how much He loves each of us! Isn’t that wonderful?
Some things to talk to your family about…
- Have you ever been lost? How did you feel when you were lost? How did you feel when you were found again?
- Why do you think that the shepherd went after just one sheep?
- What do you think love is? What does it look like/ feel like/ sound like? How do you know if someone loves you?
- How do you know that God loves you?
- How do you think you can show love to someone else? What does Jesus teach us about loving others?
Love each other. Just as I have loved you, you should love each other. John 13:34
God loves us so much and he always will, no matter what! Sometimes we will make mistakes or get things wrong but God will never stop loving us, He just wants us to always come back to Him. He tells us to love one another as he has loved us and by following Him and listening to Him, He can help us do that!
Memory verse catch!
If you have a ball (or something that you can play throw and catch with) why don’t you throw the ball back and forth between your family members and as you throw it, each say one word of the memory verse so that you are repeating the memory verse over and over. Keep doing this until you’ve remembered all of it and then see if you can say it all in one go!