Kids at home Sunday 24th May
Today, we are going to look again at PRAYER.
You might remember that we learnt a few weeks ago about how prayer is a way of talking to God and hearing from Him. We can talk to God just like we can talk to our family and to our friends, we don’t need big or long words but we just need to say whatever is on our hearts!
We are also going to think about how to pray for different things and different people this week, and how we can thank God and ask Him for the things that we need ourselves but also things for others too! Isn’t that brilliant?
Let’s start with some worship! Feel free to sing and dance or just watch and listen, Jesus doesn’t mind HOW we worship, he just loves it when we spend time with Him and sing His praises!
Alive – Hillsong Young & Free
You are Good – Bethel Kids
The Lord’s Prayer – Saddleback Kids
King of My Heart – Discoveryland Worship
David’s Prayers– Saddleback Kids
Some important points to remember from the story…
- David loved God with ALL of his heart and he prayed to him all the time! God was his good friend!
- David thanked God for all that he had done for him in his life! David thanked God for answering his prayers, for guiding him and helping him make decisions, for always being with him and comforting him, for always loving him! David talked to God his WHOLE life!
- God wants US to be like David, he wants us to be his friend and to talk to him our WHOLE lives! He wants to listen to us because he LOVES us and he wants us to tell him EVERYTHING and not only that, he wants us to ask him for whatever we need AND whatever the people around us need too!
Some things to talk to your family about…
- David thanked God a lot, he praised God in his prayers. That is one way that we can pray, do you know of any other ways that we can pray? Why don’t you have a think as a family?
- What sort of things can you talk to God about? What can you say to him or ask him for?
- Where are some of the places that you can talk to God?
- When we pray we get to talk to God but we also get to listen to him too! Have you ever tried listening to God? Can you remember anything that he has said to you?
- Why don’t you try and talk to God and listen to him today? What are some of the things that you could talk to God about this week?
God is a very good listener! We can talk to him about anything at anytime and in any place! God reminds us in the bible that when we come and pray to him, he will listen! Isn’t that amazing? He will help us when we are happy, sad, sick or in trouble. Instead of one verse today, we are going to pray a prayer together that Jesus told his friends about to help them pray! We can pray this prayer anytime as well as telling God about anything else on our hearts or anything that we’d like to ask him for!
Shall we have a go at praying this prayer together now? Why don’t you pray it together as a family? The words are below OR you can pray along with this video.
We want to know you. And be close to you. Please show us how. Make everything in the world right again. And in our hearts, too. Do what is best – just like you do in heaven, and please do it down here, too. Please give us everything we need today. Forgive us for doing wrong, for hurting you. Forgive us just as we forgive others when they hurt us. Rescue us! We need you! We don’t want to keep running away and hiding from you. Keep us safe from our enemies.
You’re strong, God. You can do whatever you want. You are in charge. Now, and forever and for always! We think you’re great!