Miracles of Jesus
Kids at home 22nd November
Over the next few weeks we are going to be learning more about Jesus and talking about some of the amazing miracles that He did!
Jesus performed many miracles while He was on the earth to help people know that He was the Son of God and to help them to put their faith and trust in Him. Through every miracle, people came to know Jesus and became friends with Him! Jesus also performed miracles because He loved people and wanted to help those who were sick or in need.
Today we are going to look at when Jesus healed a man that was born blind and couldn’t see. After Jesus healed him he could see everything perfectly, isn’t that an amazing miracle?
Let’s start with some worship! Feel free to sing and dance or just watch and listen, Jesus doesn’t mind HOW we worship, he just loves it when we spend time with him and sing his praises!
Great Big God – Vineyard Kids
You are Good – Bethel Kids
This is Amazing Grace – Bethel Kids
Deep Cries Out – Bethel Kids
Jesus heals a man born blind– Saddleback Kids
Note to families:
John 9:1-11 if you prefer to read this to/with your little ones!
Some things to talk to your family about…
- How did Jesus heal the blind man?
- Why do you think it was easy for the blind man to accept and believe who Jesus was?
- How do you think he felt about Jesus?
- Why do you think that the neighbours didn’t believe what had happened at first? Why did this seem so impossible?
- Why do you think that Jesus healed the blind man?
- Can you think of any ways that we can help people in need? What can we learn from Jesus?
Some important points to remember…
- In the story, we meet a man who was born blind. He couldn’t see at all which made his life really hard.
- But then Jesus came along and healed him! He performed a miracle so that the man was able to see! What an amazing miracle!
- Remember, Jesus said He was the light of the world. Jesus brought light to this man by helping him to see. The blind man did not live in darkness anymore. Jesus has the power to heal and He loves to do it because He loves us! He can heal you and me, and our family and friends!
- Some people, though, were not very impressed. The Pharisees refused to see the amazing thing that had happened. They were upset and threatened by Jesus and His power. It might seem a bit strange, but if we think about it, sometimes we can get so wrapped up in our own lives that we sometimes miss the wonderful things that God is doing around us.
- This miracle shows us how marvellous, miraculous, and loving Jesus is, it reminds us that He is a miracle worker! But it also reminds us that we need to pay attention to what God is doing in our own lives and the lives of our family and friends!
- There are lots of ways for us to help people in need but we can also pray for them. We can come to Jesus and ask for His help. If someone is feeling poorly or in pain, we can pray and ask Jesus to heal them just like He healed the blind man!
The Lord has done great things for us,
and we are filled with joy.
Why don’t you have a think about some of the great things that God has done for you and for your family? Can you think of some examples together? You might want to write these down so that you can keep looking back and remembering them and you might want to pray together and thank God for these great things!
Is there anyone that you know who is in need right now? Is there anyone that is feeling poorly or feeling sad? Could you pray for them? Why don’t you ask Jesus to heal them and to bring comfort to them? Is there anything that you need healing for? If so, why don’t you and your family pray for Jesus to heal you?
Thank you that you are the God of miracles and that you can do anything!
Thank you for all of the amazing things that you do, thank you for healing the blind man and that you are a great big God with the power to heal people who are sick or in pain. Please help us to see the people around us that are in need and help us to love them and care for them in the best way that we can. Remind us to keep coming to you for help with this! Thank you that you keep all of your promises!
We love you!