Kids at home Sunday 19th April
Today, we’re going to remember how BIG and GREAT God is and because He is, we can TRUST Him to always HELP us and look after us!
Sometimes we will feel worried or scared about something and that’s ok because we can tell God about this like we’ve been learning AND we can read stories about him like the one we will read today and he will remind us that he will ALWAYS protect us! He can help us to feel better and remember that we aren’t facing anything on our own! He gives us STRENGTH because he is so STRONG!
Let’s start with some worship! Feel free to sing and dance or just watch and listen, Jesus doesn’t mind HOW we worship, He just loves it when we spend time with Him and sing His praises!
You are Good – Bethel Kids
Jericho Song – Rend Collective
The Lord’s Prayer – Saddleback Kids
Our God is a Great Big God – Vineyard Kids
The Young Hero and the Horrible Giant – The Jesus Storybook Bible (you can find this story on page 122 of the Jesus Storybook Bible if you’d prefer to read this with your little one)
Some important points to remember…
- David knew that he was little but God is GREAT!
- It doesn’t matter how strong we are, how big we are or how good we are at something. All that matters is that we remember that God loves us so much and so we can ask God to help us to do anything! He can help us by giving us some of His strength and some of His power and some of His courage! We don’t need to try and be brave or try and do anything all by ourselves!
- God will always fight for us and He will always win! God saves His people and He saved you and me! Amazing!
Some things to talk to your family about…
- Why do you think David might have been scared at first?
- Who could help David be brave and why?
- Just like David, sometimes we get into scary situations or we have a problem that can seem hard to fix on our own. We aren’t all scared of the same things but each of us are sometimes scared at some point in our lives. Can you think of any time that you have felt scared or worried about something?
- God helped David face Goliath the giant and He promises to help us with our own ‘giants’ (things we are scared of!) whatever they may be. How does that make you feel?
Remember that the Lord is our helper and we don’t need to be afraid, just like David we can TRUST in God to give us strength and courage! Is there anything that you’d like to ask God’s help for? Is there anything that is scaring or worrying you right now? We can ask God to be with us right now and ask for His peace, strength and protection! Isn’t that wonderful?
Thank you that you give us strength when things are difficult, thank you that you are always with us and will always look after us. Thank you that even when we feel little we can remember that you are BIG and GREAT. Please help us to always remember this and come to you and ask for help whenever we need!
Thank you that we can trust in you! Amen
Note to families: Feel free to pray this prayer over your child/children or ask one of them to read this prayer out if they are able. Alternatively, you might want to just focus on anything they have shared that they are worried/scared about.
‘The Lord is my strength and my shield; my heart trusts in him and he helps me’ Psalm 28:7 NIV
The Bible tells us that God is our strength and shield, do you know what a shield is? It’s something that a soldier might use to protect their body in a battle, you usually carry this on your arm! But basically, these words reminds us that God looks after us and keeps us safe and because of that, we can trust Him with all of our hearts! Isn’t that incredible? Why don’t we have some fun and make a shield at home with our families now? This can remind us that God always looks after us and protects us! He makes us brave and helps us with whatever we need!
Remember, God is our protector and our strength and He’s also our greatest friend!!