Jesus Calms the Storm - Kids at home Sunday 10th May
Today, we are going to learn how mighty and powerful Jesus is and remember that we need to keep putting ALL of our faith and trust in Him as He can do ANYTHING!
Sometimes we might be faced with something that seems a bit too scary and we might forget that Jesus is by our side or we might worry that this is too big even for Jesus! But today’s story reminds us that NOTHING is too big for Jesus! We don’t need to be afraid, even about the things that seem really big and scary! Jesus is ALWAYS with us!
Let’s start with some worship! Feel free to sing and dance or just watch and listen, Jesus doesn’t mind HOW we worship, He just loves it when we spend time with Him and sing His praises!
You are Good – Bethel Kids
King of my Heart – Discoverylands
Jericho Song – Rend Collective
Our God is a Great Big God – Vineyard Kids
Jesus calms the storm! – Saddleback Kids
Note to families:
Page 236 if you have the Jesus Storybook Bible at home and prefer to read this to your little ones!
Some important points to remember from the story…
- Even though things can seem scary in our lives, we can always have faith and be sure that Jesus is right beside us and is going to help us! Some things will be too big for us (like the storm in the story) but they will never be too big for Jesus!
- Sometimes we might forget to trust Jesus and ask for His help, we might forget how powerful and how mighty He is! (Remember, the wind and the waves recognised Jesus’ voice and they obeyed him!) But we should always remember that He is with us and put our faith and trust in Him!
Some things to talk to your family about…
- Can you remember any other stories about Jesus? Why not ask each member of your family/household to try and share a story that they know about Jesus?
- Have you ever been on a boat before? How do you think you would feel if you were on a boat and there were great, big waves all around you? Do you think that you could trust Jesus and ask Him for help?
- Is there anything that you can think of right now that seems a little scary? Is there anything that you feel worried about? We could talk to Jesus about that today!
‘When I am afraid, I put my trust in you’. Psalm 56:3
Life looks a little different to ‘normal’ right now, doesn’t it? Did you know that we all get scared? This memory verse reminds us that we will sometimes feel afraid! Sometimes it feels a little like we’re in that boat that Jesus’ friends were in and there are lots of scary waves and we don’t know what to do. So, to help you remember just how much God loves you and that you can put your trust in Him and ask Jesus for help, why don’t you write down or tell your family one thing you might be nervous or scared about, and then write our memory verse beside it, or you can just try saying the memory verse out loud!
You can shout it, whisper it, sing it, whatever you like! If you can’t think of anything that you are nervous about right now, why don’t you think or write about some things that God has done for you and why you love Him? Maybe there has been a time where you have felt afraid and you’ve trusted God and then felt better?