Daniel in the Lion's Den - Kids at home Sunday 7th June
Today, we are going to hear an amazing story about someone who really loved God and completely trusted in Him and we are going to see how God saved Him!
This story helps us to remember how mighty and powerful our God is, and that we can trust in Him completely. He will always help us because He loves us SO much!
Let’s start with some worship! Feel free to sing and dance or just watch and listen, Jesus doesn’t mind HOW we worship, He just loves it when we spend time with Him and sing His praises!
You are Good – Bethel Kids
King of Me – Rend Collective
King of my Heart – Discoverylands
Our God is a Great Big God – Vineyard Kids
Daniel in the Lions Den – Saddleback Kids!
Note to families:
Page 152 if you have the Jesus Storybook Bible at home and prefer to read this to your little ones!
Some important points to remember from the story…
- Daniel loved God and talked to Him every single day, he loved to spend time praying and being with God. He was such good friends with Him!
- Daniel worked in a palace for a king. He was faithful, responsible and very trustworthy. Because of this, the king put him in charge of many, many important things. This made some people very jealous of Daniel.
- These people were horrible to Daniel, they tricked the King and Daniel was told that he couldn’t pray to God anymore and if he did, he’d be in big trouble. Daniel prayed anyway and carried on talking to God because he loved and trusted God with everything! He knew that no matter what, it wasn’t right to stop talking to God!
- Sadly, this got Daniel into a lot of trouble and by the time the King had realised he had been tricked, it was too late! Daniel was thrown into a room full of lions! Imagine how scared he must have been!
- But Daniel trusted God and God saved Daniel! He spent a whole night in a den with the lions and they didn’t even scratch him! God rescued Daniel from the lions! It was a miracle!
- The King saw that God had protected Daniel and he realised that God is amazing! He told everyone in the land that they should all pray to God! Because of Daniel’s faithfulness and trust in God, lots of people then began to talk to God and became His friend! How incredible!
- When we are in trouble or when people are unkind to us, we can trust in God like Daniel did and we can ask Him for help. He promises that He will always be with us and He will always love us and look after us! Amazing isn’t it?
Some things to talk to your family about…
- How much time do you spend talking to God? Do you enjoy spending time with God? Why / why not?
- There are lots of ways that we can spend time with God. We can sing to Him, we can dance, we can read our Bibles, we can go for walks and look at the trees and the flowers and all of the things that He has made and be reminded how creative God is! We can tell Him anything and everything that we want or we can just sit and listen to Him! Do you have any favourite ways to spend time with God?
- Why do you think that the King trusted Daniel so much? Why did he let him look after lots of important things? What can we learn from him and how can we be more like him at home or at school?
- How do you think Daniel felt when he realised he had to have a sleepover in a room full of lions? What do you think he did?
- Well we aren’t going to be put in a room with lions like Daniel, thank goodness! Sometimes though, when we follow God, other people might not understand this and they might not always be very kind to us. We can always trust God though and have faith that He will be with us and look after us! How does that make you feel?
He rescues and he saves! Daniel 6:27
Today’s story was pretty crazy, wasn’t it? Lions are huge animals and they can look kind of scary, especially if you have to spend the whole night sleeping next to them! But nothing was or ever is too big for God to handle, and He protected Daniel. Sometimes things can seem scary or feel sad. We all feel sad or scared at different times and because of different things! But because we love God and we know that He really loves us and loves to take care of us, we can use this verse to remind ourselves that nothing is too big for God and we can ask for his Help with anything.