Miracles of Jesus
Kids at home 6th December
Over the next few weeks we are going to be learning more about Jesus and talking about some of the amazing miracles that He did!
Jesus performed many miracles while He was on the earth to help people know that He was the Son of God and to help them to put their faith and trust in Him. Through every miracle, people came to know Jesus and became friends with Him! Jesus also performed miracles because He loved people and wanted to help those who were sick or in need.
We are now going to spend the next few weeks thinking about another amazing miracle, and that is the miracle of the very first Christmas and Jesus’ birth! We are going to look at some different people who were all part of this very special story! There is one girl that was a very important and special part of this story. Her name was Mary!
Let’s start with some worship! Feel free to sing and dance or just watch and listen, Jesus doesn’t mind how we worship, He just loves it when we spend time with Him and sing His praises!
Great Big God – Vineyard Kids
This is Amazing Grace – Bethel Kids
Joy to the World – Bethel Kids
O Come O Come Emmanuel – Bethel Kids
The Story of Christmas – Saddleback Kids!
Note to families:
Luke 1:26-38 or page 176 in the Jesus Storybook bible if you prefer to read this with your little one(s).
Some things to talk to your family about…
- How do you think Mary felt when she heard that although she wasn’t even married yet, she was to become pregnant with a baby who would be God’s son coming to rescue the whole world?
- Did these feelings make Mary say no to God? Did Mary say “I can’t do this, God! I’m not old enough! I’m not big enough! I’m not clever enough! I’m not good enough!’
- Why do you think she said yes to God? How do you think she felt about God? Did she trust that He was a God of miracles?
- How can we learn from Mary and trust God with more than our eyes can see? How might God want to invite us into His plan? How might He want to use us?
Some important points to remember…
- God knew Mary and chose her to be Jesus’ mum on earth, she was confused because she wasn’t married yet but she became pregnant with God’s son by His Holy Spirit! It was a miracle! Mary trusted God and said yes to being part of His big story!
- Mary probably felt a mixture of all sorts of feelings – excited, nervous, and quite afraid!
- Mary loved God so much and she really trusted Him! She was friends with God and so she wanted to be part of His big story, she wanted what God wanted!
- What happened when Mary said yes? The biggest adventure of her life happened. She had just joined in with God’s plan! The best plan!
- When we remember that God is love, He is strong, He is good and He has always done great things for us it helps us to say yes to Him too!
- Do you know something really exciting? God wants all of us to be part of His story and to play our own special part!
- He wants us to be kind to people, to help them, to read the Bible, to talk to Him, to write and sing songs for Him, to be generous, to share and to always ask Him what He would like us to do!
- Remember, this amazing miracle tells us that nothing is impossible with God!
Sometimes when we’re feeling excited or nervous, we can do things to help get our feelings out, we can draw, write, dance and talk. Mary wrote a song, and that helped her as she was feeling all these feelings after she had said yes to God and His amazing plan!
And Mary said,
I’m bursting with God-news;
I’m dancing the song of my Saviour God.
God took one good look at me, and look what happened—
I’m the most fortunate woman on earth!
What God has done for me will never be forgotten,
the God whose very name is holy, set apart from all others.
Luke 1:46-55, The Message
In her song, Mary says that God has done great things for her! What great things has God done for you? Why don’t you choose one thing that you’re thankful for and you could write this down, you could draw it, you could even write or sing a song about it!
Thank you that you are the God of miracles! Thank you for the wonderful miracle of the first Christmas! Thank you for sending your son Jesus to save and rescue us! Thank you for the way that you invite us into your amazing plans today, just like you did with Mary! Help us to trust you with your plan for our own lives and help us to listen to you and live the way you want us to, the way that is the best for us!
We love you!