The Good Shepherd - Kids at home Sunday 5th July
Today, we are going to learn one of David’s amazing songs, his songs are like prayers and they are called Psalms!
There is a whole book of these in the Bible! God gave David the Psalm we are going to learn today to remind us how much he loves us and that he will always look after us, just like a shepherd looks after his sheep!
Let’s start with some worship! Feel free to sing and dance or just watch and listen, Jesus doesn’t mind HOW we worship, He just loves it when we spend time with Him and sing his praises!
You are Good – Bethel Kids
Alive – Hillsong Young & Free
This is Amazing Grace – Bethel Kids
Deep Cries Out – Bethel Kids
The Jesus Storybook Bible: The Good Shepherd (Page 130)
Some important points to remember from the story…
- God knew that David would be a king before David had any idea that he would become a king! God sees who we can become before we have any idea ourselves! He has amazing plans for our future!
- David had a really good heart, he had a heart full of love but he still made some mistakes. No amount of mistakes could ever stop God’s love for him. God loved him no matter what and that would never change! It’s just the same with you and me! He loves us so much and that will never change!
- The Psalm that we read in the story today tells us that God takes care of us. He looks after us and gives us everything that we need and the most important thing that we need is HIM and we will always have that.
- David says “Even when I walk through dark, scary, lonely places, I won’t be afraid. Because my shepherd knows where I am.” David meant that even in the scary, lonely and sad times, we don’t have to be afraid because God sees us and will take care of us. He is with us and he will always rescue us!
- We can read or sing this Psalm every day to remind us that God is a really good God, he is the Good shepherd and we are his sheep and he is always looking out for us. He makes us strong and brave and he is getting wonderful things ready for us!
Some things to talk to your family about…
- How do you think God feels about you? Do you know that He loves you and always will?
- What do you do when you are scared, worried, sad or lonely? Do you know that in those moments you can pray and tell God about anything that you are feeling?
- Do you think that God will always take care of you?
- Can you think of some of the ways that God is taking care of you and your family right now? Why don’t you have a think for a moment and then share your thoughts as a family?
“The Lord is my Shepherd” Psalm 23
God loves you so much! God is always right beside you and will always take care of you, just like a shepherd takes care of his sheep! Why don’t you make a bookmark and write this memory verse on it? Every time you read your book, you will be reminded of this amazing promise! If you like, you could even make a sheep bookmark like the one below! (scroll down to see the pictures!)
Do you remember earlier on you thought about all of the ways that God is taking care of you and your family right now? Why don’t we thank Him for those things today? You could even write them down together as a family and you could put that list up somewhere that you can all see it!
Thank you for all of the wonderful and loving things that you have done for us. I’m so thankful for __________ (tell Him what you’re thankful for!). I know that you are a really good Father and that you love me and will always want to take care of me! Thank you for all of the ways that you do. I love you.